Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Change for the better

My mornings tend to give me a lot of insight into the world. I see drivers cut off other drivers on the freeway on my way to work. When I get my AM caffeine fix, I see some roll their eyes at the barista because she didn’t write down their drink fast enough. When I make it to the office, I see people passing by the businessman who dropped his papers on the floor and no one holds the elevator for the secretary running across the lobby. Unfortunately, I witness a number of these events take place every single morning. Something inside me can’t help but wonder if things could be different.

So, I’ve decided to let someone into my lane even if it means I have to slow down. I’ll smile and greet people I don’t even know and I will always hold the door. I’ll hurry through the cross walk if someone is waiting to turn left and I’ll hold the elevator when I hear footsteps running through the lobby. I’ll change someone’s world, even if it’s just for an instant.

I’m looking forward to sharing my experiences and trials with you. I hope that through this blog I am able to challenge your views and traditional thoughts. Most importantly, I hope you are inspired to make a difference in your own life.

I'm looking forward to the things 2009 will bring us.

☼ ap

No comments:

Post a Comment